Sunday 29 March 2015

I'm so crap at this!!

So, I've decided again to try and pick up on my blog and made my 'resolution' to write with a bit more regularity, we'll see what happens! But anyway, as I was going back through my old posts I came across the last one where I make excuses for not writing for so long.....this one.....and guess what, I have the very same excuse now.  Baby Gerard came into the world in January and if there is anything that this wee man has taught me it is the value of sleep, something that I have taken for granted, for most of my life.  Even when Elaine was a small baby, we never had any sleepless nights as she was the perfect little sleeper, but my son, oh no - a very different story! He didn't sleep for at least 6 weeks, neither did I, or his Dad!  It made me realise that it is no wonder that sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture!  Anyway am glad to say that now, nearly 12 weeks down the line we are now managing to get longer and longer sleeps and normality seems to be resuming! The thought of getting back to work with only an hour or 2's sleep was scary, but thankfully I think I'm now in a much happier place and I'm looking forward to getting stuck back into work, and I will try my very best to keep regular updates on here, even if it is only me that ever reads them!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment